I know why you’re here. You’re here because…
- you love sweet treats.
- you know that dessert is the most important meal of the day.
- you believe every human has the right to quality, delicious, sweet, creamy, oozy, sugary goodness.
- your catchphrase is – ‘Fruit is not a dessert!’.
- when someone starts telling you about the meal they went for last night, you ask them to skip to what they had for dessert. Yes, you even get pleasure from just hearing about desserts from a third party.
- at the end of the day (and any time during it), all you want to do is collapse on the sofa with a huge slab of fudgey chocolate brownie, laden with ice cream, lashings of sauce, a couple of flakes, and some jaffa cakes on the side.
- You’re here because you just want the best for your sugar loving self – and dammit, you deserve it!
Hi, I’m Rebecca…
…Welsh blogger of Sweet Treat Critique, and self confessed dessert addict.
I have over 30 years of experience in the dessert eating industry, so I feel fully qualified to critique any treat that comes my way, and share that experience with you. Hey, I’m the girl who orders dessert for multiple courses at restaurants!
No, I’m not a professional food critic. I may not know fancy posh descriptive words. I may not even eat at the best restaurants yet…
But what I do know – is deliciousness.
Yes, I know – sugar is the Devil!
You don’t care though. You’re like me, and you just have an overwhelming compulsion to eat sweet!
There’s a lot of research advising against sugar. And with good reason. It’s not the best. However, we’re going to consume it regardless, so let’s make sure it’s as delish as possible!
Everything in moderation(ish). I always recommend a balanced diet, get some exercise (yawn) and drink plenty of water!
Aside from that, I like to live my life enjoying what I love most – all things sweet!
As a mum of twin toddlers, I also know the struggle of the daily attempt to conceal your addiction from your children. Eating with your head in the fridge whilst ‘looking for a healthy snack’; hiding behind the kitchen door. You know what I mean!
As much as I love my addiction, it is not one I want to pass on to my boys! Mainly because it is not at all good for them, but also because – I don’t share desserts!
So what is SweetTreatCritique.com all about?
I shall tell you this. Aside from possibly the odd recipe attempt I may find on Pinterest – I don’t make desserts, I eat them.
So, whether it’s a supermarket; shop; cafe; restaurant; brand; or anywhere and anything else – I’m going to be putting all things sweet to the test, and reporting back on my critique of them.
I hope you enjoy my blog!
If you want to recommend somewhere, or something, for me to try, then please fill out the Suggestions form here.
If you are a brand or business who wants to work with me, then please fill out the Work with me form here.